The Club Archives are held at the Gloucestershire Archives and have been digitised following generous support from a member and former president.
The club was conceived in 1901 as the Old Cryptonians’. In 1912 the club was relaunched as the Old Cryptians’ Club. As well as the committee minutes, the book includes press clippings from various events held by the club and the menus from the club dinners.
Including details of the Quatercentenary (400 years) anniversary celebration and the laying of the foundation stone for the new school.
Including details of the swimming pool appeal fund and government’s plans for organisation of secondary school education – “comprehensivisation”.
450the anniversary preparations.
The end of the Townsend Scholarship and a revised constitution.